is there anything i can do

misanthrope

is ther anything i can do about a FAULT on a micrologix 1500 . it is in a elevator . i am an electrician with very basic knowledge of plcs

Do you have RSLogix software?
If the red light is blinking on the Processor, then you'll need the software and programming cable to clear the error.
The software may help you find the cause of the error too.
Trouble is is that the software is expensive, it may be time to call in a controls guy?
But if you want to fix it yourself, I'm sure that you can do it.
It's not rocket science. Besides despite that first reply, there are plenty of people here that can talk you through it.
:site:
Oh one thing I forgot, there may be laws where you live stating who can and who cannot work on Elevators.
Although I think I could figure out the code, I don't think that I would want to work on Elevator code without qualifications.
Good luck

Last edited:
DBLD99 said:
yeah, find out the fault and fix the problem

You sir, are obviously a PLC guru. I mod that comment +5:Insightful.

Oh wait. Slashdot is in another tab. Are you sure you're in the right place ???

Simple answers confuse me

Just like the tire guy when I asked him what was wrong with the tire. His response...."it had a hole in it"

castlerock said:
You sir, are obviously a PLC guru. I mod that comment +5:Insightful.

Oh wait. Slashdot is in another tab. Are you sure you're in the right place ???

Actually, the answer was adequate to the question.
It's not DBLD99's fault, although I would not answer at all (which I did).

Your right Im sorry. I was in a bad mood just searching around, and he asked a question with no way to give an answer. He never said if he has the correct software or anything. My bad guys sorry again.

DBLD99 said:
Your right Im sorry. I was in a bad mood just searching around, and he asked a question with no way to give an answer. He never said if he has the correct software or anything. My bad guys sorry again.

That was just my usual lame attempt at humor.

I guess one of us should explain how to use the combo box for going oline with the plc to show the type of error causing the fault. I don't have access to my plc right now and I can't remember the exact steps.

Programming an elevator and can figure out how to find out what the processor fault is?

I think I will stick with the stairs.