sql sever 2005 express

pdelno

Lifetime Supporting Member
ok guys more info time.
I am trying to learn agian on my own. (you guys are a bad influence on me, the more i read here the more i want to try) i was reading about useing sql 2005 serve express to pull data from a plc. so i decided to try it out on a micrologix 1200 that i have set up at home. i have downloaded everthing and got it installed but for the life of me i can not find any info on setting up the data base, and conecting it to the plc. does any one have any doc's or web sites laying around that would help me learn this. i am just looking for a few fingers points. maybe i am just getting in over my head this time, but if you don't try you never learn.

You have to install the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express in order to setup the database.
As for the pulling data from a PLC, I think you need at least an OPC I/O server like RSLinx, Kepware, etc. and a secondary application like VB, Intouch, RSSQL that would handle the SQL commands.

so i well need three things to do this.
database server
opc
and rssql
is this right