Help Wanted - PLC Program - Pedestrian Lights

sunny93

Hello All,

I am new to this site and PLCs. I would like help in producing a program detailing the operation of simple pedestrian lights using GMWIN Version 4.0.

Please reply.

Cheers

Bromley

Sunny,

By the vagness of your question and the fact that this is your first post, I am guessing you are a student. If so, then you need to show us what you have done and we will help you.

David

Ok, I am not new to this site and am not a student, but after looking at this thread a little more I have a question.

What is a pedestrian light. I have seen questions about stoplights but how would a pedestrian light operate separately from a stoplight:p

If I can come up with enough choices, I'll do a poll!

1). Senses pedestrians, makes light go red

2). Senses pedestrian, turns on streeet light so he (she, they) don't have to stand in the dark

3). Pedestrian pushes button to cross street, plc sends signal for display "Run forit sucker, you got 6 seconds"

Pierre said:
It would be nice if there was a BIG sign for students that says exactly this!

If the sign was in Big Red Flashing Text scrolling across the whole of their screen before making their first post, 9/10 would still not read it!

Senses pedestrian, turns on streeet light so he (she, they) don't have to stand in the dark
I would like to have something like that for my bathroom so I wouldn't stumble all over the place when I have to go in the middle of the night. Perhaps S&M could look at marketing such a product

This Must Be TWControls

2003-09-28.gif

Stumbling through the dark...:ROFLMAO:

LOL!!! That could be a downfall of the lighting product. How will I know the difference between opening the door to the bathroom and the frig?

Last edited:
sunny93 said:
Hello All,

I am new to this site and PLCs. I would like help in producing a program detailing the operation of simple pedestrian lights using GMWIN Version 4.0.

Please reply.

Cheers

Bromley

Its not going to be as easy as that. Simply look at 'learn plc's' on this site. Look at shift registers closely. Or even Timers. And then try at least, some attempt of the program.. then come back with any problems.. :)

Danocane has brought up a good point. Might need to add one of those voice boxes like some cars have to tell you if a door is ajar.

We could have it say "You are in the Bathroom" or "You are at the fridge"

You think that might solve the problem?

I think the S & M legal department should issue a legal statement advising of the risk incurred if such a light is installed, the pedestrian comes to rely on it, the light fails, and then the pedestrian is injured.