Help Wanted - PLC Program - Pedestrian Lights

Fault detection and redundancy? For the bathroom you may want to consider UL1604 (hazardous location) certification.

Tom Jenkins said:
I think the S & M legal department should issue a legal statement advising of the risk incurred if such a light is installed, the pedestrian comes to rely on it, the light fails, and then the pedestrian is injured.

Sounds like we need a mechanical safety interlock in case of poweer or mechanical failure.

I suggest S&M hire a ME to work on it. For legal reasons, he (she) should be a registered PE. It wouldn't hurt for them to have a good electrical background, and perhaps a little "showmanship" in case "drama" is required on a court case.

Where could we find one of those, and one who will work cheap?

Any suggestions Tom?

best regards.....kc

CaseyK said:
Where could we find one of those, and one who will work cheap?

Any suggestions Tom?

Well, I have given depositions in a few cases over the years. However, I doubt if S & M will ever have enough cash to get me to do it again. I may work on some things cheap, but never ever ever never depostions!

Sounds like we need a mechanical safety interlock in case of poweer or mechanical failure
I don't think that is a good idea. It could become very painful when you have to go during a power failure if it locked you out:moon2: