CX-ONE Latching

Hey all. Doing my first CX-Programmer program. Ive noticed that there arent any latch and unlatch coils. There is this KEEP instruction. It seems that it can only be used once tho (it requires rungs into the set and reset inputs)? Is it possible to use the KEEP like you would use a L and U coil instructions on rslogix? Ie, I use the L coil all over the place in latch a request for a device, the last rung on that device ladder is the U coil. Im trying to reproduce that in cx-programmer. Thanks

Matt

Matt,

Couple of things.

You could use SET (Latch) and RSET (Reset)=(Unlatch).
Not sure how well documented that is, but they are valid instructions.

Also, if you want the status to remain after a power down, use a HR bit in the instruction.

Hope this will help.

Last edited:
Another method is to use "Keep" command. I use them frequently when using omron because it shows me directly which bit is used to reset, save searching from it.

Tip -> From a bit address to go to its next usage location press 'n' on keyboard and press 'b' to go return.

I always use KEEP Functions to make SET (Latch) and RSET (Unlatch) or you can use Latching method Logic