E300 & Cab18

gruntstripe

Hi,

Has anybody made their own CAB18 as shown in the Beijer manual and successfully used it fix an FX cpu in transparent mode?

I made one today from a printer cable but can't get GX developer 8.21 to communicate in transparent mode. GX can comm' with the E300 ok via cab5 and also to FX via sc09 (although obviously not simultaneously). E300 can comm' ok with FX via my diy cab18 (turn outputs on in response to user input and respond to plc discrete inputs etc). This latter point would suggest the Cab18 is ok I guess.

Have tried fiddling with the comms settings to no avail (but I don't really know what I'm doing). In GX there is a screen that comes up:
PLC SIDE I/F

via MAC/MTA transparent mode

via GOT-F900 transparent mode

Is this correct with just two options or should there be a

via EXXX series transparent mode?

Any pointers would be gratefully appreciated. I'm fairly new to all this.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance.

Hi gruntstripe

Please check out the settings here for the PC side. (Se picture1)

DSA_FX1.GIF

Picture1

Then check the settings for the PLC side (Se picture2)

DSA_FX2.GIF

Picture2

Then after checking this. checkout the Edesigner settings (Picture3)
The procotol shall be the same as the GX. Also the "Transparant mode" shall be under RS232

DSA_FX3.GIF

Picture3

Hope this help you

Dariusch

Hi,

Thanks for your help. The reason I could not get transparent mode to work was because after altering the comms configuration I was not sending the project to the HMI. I was thinking that they would become active immediately. Really stupid of me.

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited: