CompactLogix Modbus Master

plcnovel

Hello Everybody
I heard that Rockwell has added Modbus support in their Compact Logic controller family through their serial ports. where would i find that program? Is it a complete program or are there any bugs in it? Is anybody tried to use it? Thanks in advance

hi Thanks for your quick reply. There is a couple of programs on the url address you sent me; one is Compct Logix controllers as modbus master or slaves and the other one is Ascii communication with compact logix? which one is the one?

Modbus Master and Modbus Slave sample code available for all Logix PLCs since version 13 and will be installed during normal installation into the "samples" folder.
Usually C:\RSLogix 5000\Projects\Samples\ENU\v13\Rockwell Automation

I am sure it can be used with earlier versions as well as no special functions used.
Just don't expect any high performance data from this application: serial port is slow and has very low priority.

The Micrologix has Modbus built in. However, I prefer to use a different method with a co-processor card or specific serial port designed for the job as it usually reduces the load on the prcessor.