Proface Communication with a PLC

hariharan

Hi,

I have a proface model GP2301SC41 using which i need to communicate with a PLC i have...it is a Danaher motion PLC. I have a CAN bus running into it from the PLC. I am nit sure if the CAN bus is working or not. Can someone help me with this...i need to know how this proface model communicates with the PLC usinf this can bus....Also there are some bit switches on the side of the proface..i think it is significant as far as the CAN is concerend. PLease post ur replies ASAP. Thanks for ur help..\
Harry

There are more questions than answers... Is it a Pro-face unit or its QuickPanel (GE Fanuc) twin? Pro-face does not seem to have a CANOpen communication module, however QuickPanel does. Note that DeviceNet module may look very similar to CANOpen - are you sure you are not confusing the two?
The next question is: which programming software are you using for the HMI? Is it QuickDesigner, Cimplicity View (those are GE Fanuc packages), GP-Pro or Pro-Designer (these are from Pro-face)? Some of these packages may support communications over CANOpen (QuickDesigner for instance does) and some of them may not.

And what "Danaher motion PLC" are you asking about? Danaher is a huge company with many subdivisions; you have to be more specific (brand and model would be nice).

It is a Proface unit..and i am using GP-PRO for programming it..and i am sure that it is using a CANopen for its communication with the PLC. The name of the PLC is VMC500..its one of the indigenous products of Danaher i guess. It is somewhat similar to a PC-104..did this help you..i appreciate your help

the place where the CAN goes into the proface has CANopen written near it..also power green light is solid and the MNS red light is flickering..i think there should be some fault with it then..also importantly there are 8 (switch like arrangemetns) with a dip and on state on them..i think it is used to set upo the node for the CANopen. I know the CAN from the controller has a nodeid 3. how do i set it in the proface to that node...