Down load proplem

bertrum

Hello
I have a machine with a Mitsubishi A2S PLC and a Beijers E1071 HMI.
When I try to download a large 14000 step PLC program using the transparent port of the HMI, the program will happily download until it reaches 30% at which point the HMI seems to reboot itself, and the download stops.

Has anyone seen this problem with this new E1000 series HMI, downloading large programs via the transparent port.

I do not get a problem when I download a 3000 step size program.

Regards

Hi Bertum,

There is a new E1000 firmware available (version 1.20), upgrade the terminal and make a new try, you will probably not have any problems after the upgrade...

//Supporter

Hi,
The new E1000 series have some unsolved problems (as Exter sisters). Try to do it with a diferent comunication speed.

Regards

As far as I know Mitsubishi A2S only support 9600 (maybe 19200 as well). I'm pretty sure that this problem has nothing to do with the communication speed. However, there has been problems in older firmwares regarding transparent mode, these problems should be solved in 1.20 - so update and try again

Let us know about your progress...

From Mitsubishi side that's correct (only 9600 for the A series) but with Beijer's terminals you can use different port parameters like speed, parity and stop bits and still use the transparent mode.

OK, I understand what you mean! It's always recommended to use the same baudrate for both ports (RS232 and RS422). If you use 9600 to connect to the PLC then you should use the same baudrate for the transparent mode port. You will not get better performance if you use e.g 57 600, the function will only get more "shaky".

//Supporter

Hello

Thankyou for your input.

I have downloaded the latest firmware from the mitsubishi web site, but when I try to load it into the terminal I keep getting a D/L Timeout message on the screen. Have any of you tried to upgrade the firmware in the terminals before? I am using the correct cross over LAN cable, but windows cant seem to communicate with the terminal through the LAN connection.

Kind Regards

Hi,

What OS are you using? If the answer is XP SP2 then make sure that Windows built-in firewall is disabled (otherwise it will block the transfer of the image).

Also make sure that your PC's IP-address is on the same subnet as the terminal. E.g terminal's IP-address = 192.168.98.10, PC's IP-address = 192.168.98.x (0 <= x <= 255, and not 10). Also check that you have the same subnet mask for the terminal and the PC (typically 255.255.255.0).

Let us know about your progress

//Supporter

Many Thanks

Hello Supporter

Thank you for the advice, it downloaded fine. The mistake I made was that I had the same IP adress for both computer and HMI (as the firmware download application instructs!). Changing the last digit by one sorted out the problem.

The transparent port now works correctly and seems very stable in both windows and dos based PLC software editor programs, which is brilliant.

Thankyou again for the help.

Kind Regards

Bertrum.