AB training???

djbillyd007

Hey all, i have post here a few times. i am pretty good with the siemens stuff and am getting really good with AD. i have been looking around @ the job market in this area and it seams that there are alot of people using and looking for AB experience. The last time I touched AB was in tech school over 10 years ago. I want to get some training on AB but will be doing it on my own and paying for it myself. "My company has very little AB stuff". I would like to get ahold of some software or maybe an online class any suggestions?????

djbillyd007 said:
Hey all, i have post here a few times. i am pretty good with the siemens stuff and am getting really good with AD. i have been looking around @ the job market in this area and it seams that there are alot of people using and looking for AB experience. The last time I touched AB was in tech school over 10 years ago. I want to get some training on AB but will be doing it on my own and paying for it myself. "My company has very little AB stuff". I would like to get ahold of some software or maybe an online class any suggestions?????

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1756-um001_-en-p.pdf

Control Logix is the flag ship product, I don't know if you're looking to learn that or the SLC-500, but I'd reccomend the Control Logix.

What about going to the community college? Morristown isn't incredibly far from you and I would dare say that Walter State does it's courses with AB. Is there a Tennessee Tech center near you? Agian, the closest one that I know of for sure is in Morristown. But then agian, it would probably be easier for you to go to K-ville and surely they would have a course.
BTW, I was in your neighborhood this past weekend and noticed that the box plant (can't remember the company name, maybe PSI) looked closed. Can't remember the name of the road that it is on but always pass it on the way to Dollywood. How bad did it hurt the area?

Dale