Control Logix, Is DDT right for me?

TerriLaf

I'm still in process of learning control logix (oh what fun).
Background...
We currently have 5 of our control logix processors 'tied together' via DH+ (don't ask why...). With that, I am reading user defined fault words from each machine (using a centralized control logix that communicates via Enet to our network to report downtime, T-put, etc). The majority of the fault information is the same with each machine.
What I want to do is this....
Monitor the fault status of each 'on-line' machine and report on the first fault that occurs. Sounds so simple, right?
Here's my dilemma...
I don't want to have separate fault codes for each machine (I don't like to duplicate data). How do I monitor the status of each machine and tie that back to my own set of faults? I've tried using several different instructions to monitor the data, but nothing seems to work the way that I need it to. Most recently was the DDT instruction, but it keeps overwriting the original data.
Are you as confused as I am?
Thanks!!

Last edited:
The DDT instruction updates its reference array from the source array as it operates. Therefore, it detects changes of state in the source array.

Perhaps what you are looking for is the FBC instruction. It operates just like the DDT except it doesn't update the reference array. It detects "wrong" states instead of state changes.