Citect V6.0 and XP sp2

ivo.maenen

With V5.50 I got this message when running the computer setup;

'Cannot continue. Unable to open 'master.dbf' Check USER path in citect.ini file'.

The company who is in charge of the software-support told me that the fire-wall is the problem; I turned it off and the problem remained.

The company gave me V6.0. I installed V6.0 again an a new computer where the firewall was turned off completly before installing and still the problemed remained.

Ok I can always go back to XP sp1 but can somebody give me a solution for this problem with sp2?

Hi ivo.maenen

Can not give you any explaination else that the Citect will not work witch sp2. I have tried on most computers, sometime I am lucky it worked but most it did not..
I have also been told to disable the firewall but with no luck.
At last I reinstalled to sp1.

Dariusch

Master dbf problems usually relate to the Microsoft Jet driver version. Mic rosoft keep changing the driver without telling their partners.

Check with Citect as to which version of the Jet driver should be used with V5.5 and SP2.

Answer to my problem from the company who distributes Citect: ....we know about the problem...you will have to make a lot of changes in XP to fix this problem (they don't name the changes)...V6.1 should not have these problems anymore...but V6.1 is not for release yet...in the mean time use XP sp1.....

Hello Ivo,

There is a solution in the knowlegebase about this problem but i dont seem to be able to find it right away...

but as bob said it is a problem with the jet database driver. i think you need to install an older version of Microsoft Data Access Components.

the problem is actually that only one program can have a dbf open at the same time, so another solution is to close citect explorer and run the wizzard directly. in the bin dir "EXPRWIZ.EXE".

version 6.1 is released and works perfect on WIN XP SP2. i notice you live in belgium, is your distributor also koning en hartman ?

just download version 6.1 from the citect website, create a mycitect account and have alot of patience.

Hope this helps,

Marsupilami

Yes it is Koning en Hartman. I was told V6.1 is officialy not released. I will look later for the Citect website.

Thanks.