Panelview printing

Connect a serial cable to a serial printer, config the parameters, and turn the printer on.
Put a print object button on your screen, and toggle the button. (You can print Alarm logs...etc)You can configure the printer to print almost anything.....
You did not specify what unit that you are referring to, but the printing from the PV is relatively simple.
Look at the help files within PB32. They give examples. If you still can't find the information, I can display some real life code examples also.
Cheers.

Create a print only object

1 Click the New button on the Print Only Object Setup dialog.

The Print Only Object dialog opens.

2 In the Create box, type a unique name (up to 32 characters) for the print object.

3 Click OK to open the next dialog. The title bar shows the name of the new print object.

4 On the Properties tab, select:

- data type (bit, lsb, value) that will trigger the messages to print
- read tag the terminal uses to read the trigger bit or value

5 Click the States tab. A spreadsheet opens with 2 messages and an error state.

In the Text field, type the text for each message.
In the Value field, type the value that will trigger each message (if required)

6 click OK to exit the dialog and return to the Print Only Object Setup dialog.

The name of the print only object appears under Existing Objects.

Allen-Bradley Company, LLC, Copyright © 1993-2002, All Rights Reserved