Panelview Plus Printing

pseudoquas

Greetings,

Panelview Plus has a print screen capability. I thought this may be an easy way to print a report without using a PC. Simply create a screen with a report format and issue print screen command.

Will this work? on a PV Plus 6, 10" screen, how will this look on a printed sheet? does it format to fit the 8.5 x 11 sheet? Or would it just print a little 640x480 rectangle on the sheet? Anybody tried this?

thanks!

I've printed before.
The issue I had was finding a printer that could do it.
The PV+ has a HCL from memory, and the printers it supported were hard to come by.

Thanks for your reply!
Does the print format and fill the page? My concern is that the 640x480 screen won't stretch to fit a printed page.

HP LaserJet Pro M401n works beautifully. Interestingly, It works by using Panelview Plus 6, going into the Windows CE shell, selecting the HP LaserJet Monocrome driver and IP address, and good to go. However, on a older Panelview Plus, it does not work since the CE shell is not available and the driver cannot recognize the printer with out the manual intervention apparently. Anyways, enjoying the control I have in printing reports without a PC, which is simply printing displays configured as report pages, and controlling all from within the PLC program with ReplaceDisplay/RemoteDisplay/DisplayPrintActive/RemoteDisplayPrint Tags. :)