Profibus to devices

rprs258

We have a request to be able to let the Micromaster drive continue to run after the profibus link is lost.

Is this possible and if so does anyone know what parameters are needed to change on the drive.

Thanks - Joe

Sorry, not familiar with Profibus, but once the signal is lost, how will it be controlled? I would assume that it has a separate E-Stop circuit, but no way to control except running to the front of the drive. I wouldn't think it would be a good way to go.

George

Don't have manual in front of me...

Obviously there are some HUGE safety concerns, but I think it was parameter P2040 = 0. I will double check parameter number, but it is a watchdog time for telegram failure and if it is zero it no longer timesout if it doesn't receive a setpoint... something like that. Probably shouldn't post without the manual in front of me =)

Once Profibus has been lost, what will control the drive ?

I am more familiar with MasterDrives and to prevent a fault when the telegram is lost the telegram failure fault will have to be disabled - I am guessing there is a similar facility in the MicroMaster.

rprs258 said:
We have a request to be able to let the Micromaster drive continue to run after the profibus link is lost.
Hi
What do you mean by "Profibus-link lost" (Profibus-cable disconnected or CW1 bit-10 false)?
* At the MM-has a feature -> if drive is set "Running", set CW-1 bit-10 from true to false, take off the profibus-cable -> drive stays running! Don't ask why?? So, If bit-10 is allways true and you disconnect the Profibus-cable the drive stops and gives You an alarm F0070.

Pete 🍻