Panelview 1000 DH+ to SLC505

averellen

Is it possible to connect a panelview 1000 DH+'s serial port to a SLC505 serial port for communication?
Currently it is connected to a SLC504, but I have an OPC application controlling some aspects of the 504. I need some more speed, a 505 will get me a couple seconds. Update time of the panelview is unimportant.
I also have a ControlLogix RIO to ethernet gateway in the plant.
That is how the OPC connection is made to the current processor.
Is it possible to connect the 505 to the PV1000 through the gateway?

Thanks
Adam

I believe on the DH+ models the Serial port is a "printer port" only. What is the actual model # of the PanelView?

Marty

That's what I was afraid of. I got that from the docs too. Just seeing if someone figured a fancy way around it.

Thanks

Adam