Changeing the screens on OP7 by useing a switch

BoSChoW

Hi all,
it is possible to change the screens on the OP7 by useing a switch. I made 3 screens in protool which are named: automatic, step and manual. I want to change the screens by swiching the switch. If i turn the switch to manual mode then i want that the screen on the OP7 changes to manual mode and if i turn the switch from manual to automatic i want that the screen changes from manual to automatic and so on .... So if it is possible can someone made an example in SCL, please. Thank you very much form your time and help.

Yes, its quite easy to do so...

First, you need to define two tags in protool. One tag for the operating mode(lets call it op_mode) and the other for screen number(screen_no).

Next, open the properties of the tag "op_mode" and select functions tab. Choose the event "change variable" and in the list of function select "screens" > "Select_screen_variable". When you do so, it will ask for the tag containing the screen number, select the tag we created earlier "screen_no".

Finally, you need to make changes in your plc program so that the tag "op_mode" changes with a change in mode from automatic, step, manual.

The only way i know to achieve this is with PLC job 51, Look it up in the Protool tool help files!

Basically you create an area pointer "Interface area" then create the required Data structure in a DB. Then you write your screen Number and it will force the screen to view.

SCL Example? Good luck with that

try here

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo2&siteid=csius&lang=en&aktprim=99&siteid=csius&extranet=standard

in the search text (key words) box type protool plc job 51
and look for FAQ:Configurating screen selection with protool

If you are familiar with the site enter ID:10448047
theres an example program to help with your task

STL

Hello,
in protool i made an Area Pointer called Screen Number that has the length of 2 words, a tag that is linked to DBX.DBB2 "truly i dont know what it is good for, i just saw it in an example" and an DBX in STEP7, that is linked to this area pointer. By changeing the DBX.DBB2 number it should change the screen on the OP, but unfortunally the screen dosent change ... i dont know what is wrong, perhaps i should activate PLC job 51 somehow ... if anyone knows what i did wrong could he kindly help me.

Thanks for your help.

The Screen number area pointer, Just shows you the currently active screen.

As previously stated you need to create the area pointer "Interface Area" then you need to create that area within a datablock.

The interface area is made up of words, and one of those words refers to the PLC Job no(in HEX) in another word you write the screen number you would like.

I dont have any time at the moment but i will explain in greater detail later today

Regards
STL

OK,

In your Protool project goto the area pointers tab
1. Insert a new area pointer "Interface Area"
2. Define the Data area ie DB1.DBW0
3. Notice the Data area is 16 words wide

In Step 7
1. Create DB1
2. Fill in as follows

job51.JPG

Sorry about the german text,but i used the s7 example from the link above to refresh my memory

You are interested in word 4,6,8 + 10

word 4 = JOB Number (in your case 33hex = 51dec)
word 6 = Parameter 1 - Screen Number to Display
word 8 = Parameter 2 -
word 10 = Parameter 3 -

Parameter 2 + 3, from memory select which element within your selected screen to go ie Entry and field

Once complete download to both OP + PLC and test using a VAT or write some Code

Regards STL

Last edited:
I did everithing that you said and the job 51 is working, thank you very much. To stop the plc job 51 i have to write in word 4 the value 0 ?

To stop the plc job 51 i have to write in word 4 the value 0 ?
Hi,
You dont need to send other values.

I would code some sort of enable/condition on the Parameter transfer, That way the screen isnt held active by the PLC and other screens can be navigated.

when you need the screen back you can trigger Job51 via Pushbutton/OP Key or other event.

Hope this helps
STL

Last edited:
Hi Boschow,
Not sure if you can use the Enter Key, However if you want to use the F keys this is simple enough.

Assign Key F1 to use in S7

1. Create a new area pointer "Function Key Assign"
2. Define the Data Area ie DB2.dbw0
3. goto SYSTEM-Screen/Keys, a picture of OP7 appears.
4. Press Key F1
5. A Box with the properties of F1 appears
6. goto the general Tab
7. Click the Up arrow on the keyboard dialog
8. DB2.DBX1.0 appears for zero
9. Create the DB within Step7
10. Download to both PLC and OP7
11. Test as before with VAT or Monitor Datablock

f1.JPG

Just a thought, make the area length 4 words wide in the area pointer "Function key assign"

Adjust the Datablock to suit the extra area, then download both to both PLC/OP7.

Go online in the datablock and press the enter key. You should be able to narrow down the address this way to use in your program.

I cant remember the structure for this area pointer, Maybe another member can help?

STL

Hello STL???,
I followed your instructions and the function key assignment is working flowlessly. This was the last piece of the puzzle that had to be done to finish my application. With your help i have finished it a lot quicker, thank you very much for all the tips and the time you have spent helping me.

About the assignment of the enter key. I come to an concluson that this is not a very bright idea because i have to insert a lot of parameters that require the enter key for confirmation. If i would use the enter key for the plc job 51 the plc would force the selected screen even when confirming the parameters. In this way the parameters would never been inserted.

Now i have to test the application and see if it is working.