I still dont know!!

rgmiles

I have had a lot of valuable assistance from this forum ,but i still dont get it!!

I had the answer on how to transfer command instructions from a serial port on a CJ1 to a programmable device using the txd command.
Many thanks, but i still dont have any idea on how to input the commands into the PLC. The commands are in ASCII.

Do i have to convert from ASCII to Binary and input all that data manualy to the DM area??

If this is a silly question i apologise.

Please be patient with me.
icon7.gif

This is only a partial answer. I don't have the manual handy.
Convert each ASCII character to the HEX or Decimal code, and input that into the DM area. I don't know if you can type the characters in directly.

You do have to enter the data into the D memory area.

You can use the "Memory" option in the left hand frame of CX-Programmer. Select D area then go to the proper location in the "spreadsheet" like view. From the icons, you can choose the display format for the data entry. You can enter the values in ASCII. Make sure you transfer the data to the processor.

You could also use MOV instructions in your logic and convert the ASCII codes to HEX and move the HEX values to the appropriate D memory locations.

Hope this will help.

Additional thought, perhaps it would help to "start small". Try using Hyperterminal, and send a string from the plc to your computer. This may help you to see exactly what is being sent from the plc.

Also understand that the CJ1 will "append" and start and/or end codes that have been set in the "Settings/Host Link Port" dialog.

Let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
Hi.
Thanks for that.
Iv'e entered the data into the dm area and tried using the TXD command T to send it to the serial port.
The problem is i dont know how to tell it which port to go to.

Sorry if this is a basic question i am new to Omron.
The PLC is a CJ1m
Fitted with aSCU21 twin serial port.
best regards.
Bob

Hi mate.
I would like to use port 1 or 2 .
Iv'e tried all ways!
i cant even get the port ready flag .
My eyes are falling out from reading the manuals.

Regards
Bob

By port 1 or 2, are you wanting to use a port on the SCU21?

If yes, than you must use the TXDU instruction. The TXD instruction will only work with the cpu serial port.

You will need to configure the "C" control word. C+1 will specify the unit number and port on the SCU.

You can find the specifics in the W340-E1-11 manual download section 3 here

Hope this will help.

Also, you must have a -V1 SCU in order to use the TXDU instruction. If not, you will need to use the PMCR instruction and a protocol macro.

Last edited:
Hi.
MAGIC!!
I can now send data to the port thank you.
One more question if you dont mind.
I am entering the data to be sent to the port, directly into the dm area in text format.
Is this text format ascii?
the commands i need to send are in this form.
OUTP:STAT
Function:
Set the output state on or off.
Syntax:
OUTPut:STATe <Boolean>
OUTPut:STATe?
<Boolean> can be 0(OFF) or 1(ON).

Hi .
just to let you know .
iv'e got comunication with the power supply (Mostly thanks to you),but it is telling me it is recieving remote commands and then sets error.
Does the PlC send the commands as written ie. left to right ? or does it send them in any other way?
Acording to the Psu programming manual ,i am sending the correct commands and i am using the correct protocols.
Regards
Bob

Byte order is determined by the "C" control word. To send "left to right" you will want to send the MSB (most significant byte) first.

Not to confuse things, but how is the SCU21 set up? The protocol type, start and end codes, etc. Not sure on this, just a thought.

Hope this will help.

Hi mate.
Port set up.ok
On hyperterminal, i'm getting about 20 bytes before my data, my data is ok but the system wont work because of all of the other bytes.
My head hurts.
best regards
Bob