Why is the configuration IP different from the actual IP address still able to run no

Why is the configuration IP different from the actual IP address still able to run normally?

Because the IP configuration doesn't actually set the IP of the module. The actual IP is set with Bootp and then made persistent with either the internet tab (your second image) or RSLinx or the web interface if available on the module. The configuration IP doesn't have to match for the module to actually work. You can still connect through it via RSlogix5000. Best practice to set the configuration IP to match however, as any remote modules that reside in the IO tree as children will likely have the same IP octets.

Because the IP configuration doesn't actually set the IP of the module. The actual IP is set with Bootp and then made persistent with either the internet tab (your second image) or RSLinx or the web interface if available on the module. The configuration IP doesn't have to match for the module to actually work. You can still connect through it via RSlogix5000. Best practice to set the configuration IP to match however, as any remote modules that reside in the IO tree as children will likely have the same IP octets.

My device is configured to automatically obtain an IP address using DHCP, will this cause any problems?

Thank you for your reply. The configuration of studio 5000 is different from the IP address of the actual module. Shouldn't an error be reported? I have used boot to set the address of the actual module to a static address.

Thank you for your reply. The configuration of studio 5000 is different from the IP address of the actual module. Shouldn't an error be reported? I have used boot to set the address of the actual module to a static address.
You will have to either change the program to the values configured in the actual module, or use RS Linx and change the actual settings of the device to the same values in the Logix program. If not, the PLC will not attain normal communication status with this device.

An error is reported...look at your second image. However, it's not an error that prevents communication to the device. The physical IP will still show in Linx and will still allow communications to the PLC.

What you need to look at is what else is this module communicating to. If it has ethernet devices such as AENTs, other ENxTs, drives, etc, the configuration IP first three octets normally match all the three octets of the other devices. Then I would make sure the configuration and physical IP octets match all those other device octets. If the module is only used for PLC to PLC, PLC to HMI, or PLC programming it will work with mismatched IPs, but in that case I'd go offline and make the configuration IP the same as the physical IP and re download.