AB T/C Module 1746-INT4

plcengineer

Gents,

I have a 1746-INT4 Thermocouple Module.. I have the configuration word set to 2384 and my temperatures are reading down instead of up. What could be causing this? One channel read 97 deg and then we heated up the T/C and it read 50 deg.. So, does anyone have any suggestions? Reverse wire or wrong config word..

tks,

There are many choices, page 6-2 from the user manual shows this

INT4Config.jpg

2384 Dec for the config gives

Type J
Eng Units x 10
Open Circuit Mode=Upscale
Degrees F
Channel ON

Giving a scaled value of -346 to 1400 F

So 2348 looks ok if the above is what you want, id try looking at polarity, wrong probe, connections, noise etc etc

I take it you have moved the config word to the module on power up (or whatever)

Module config to move 2384 to would be O:x.0 where x denotes the slot in the chassis

What are the module status LED's doing ?

In case you havent got it the user manual can be found here.