TI 530 and Operator Interface

bwheat

Looking for recommendations for a "Panelview" type operator interface to connect to a Siemens/TI 505 using profibus DP. Anybody done this lately?

Hi

A word of caution. You mention a TI530 in your original title, and then go on to mention the 505-series in the body.
There is no TI530 DP interface that I know of - how do you intend to attach the PLC to the Profibus network?
Some of the 505-series CPUs do have DP interfaces but in these the PLC will only operate in DP-master mode. Many HMI devices also expect to act as master so they are controlling the exchange of data when they need to. You can't have two masters speaking to each other on the same network, so something's gotta give. Will the HMI operate in slave mode, and how does the PLC know what data to send it?
You could link them as masters using something like a Siemens DP-DP Coupler but I suspect there are other questions still to be asked and answered.

I've had a quick scan around the Beijer web-site but I only see serial drivers for the 530/505 PLCs, not Profibus. Problems, problems, problems!

Regards

Ken

I found this on the Beijer website. The Cimrex 67 and 69 units will except Expansion cards.

IFC-PBDP is used for connecting terminals in a network with the PROFIBUS DP fieldbus as a slave node

Still not sure if the TI530, as Ken M noted above supports Profibus.

Hope this will help.

The PLC is a TI 505 that uses profibus dp for the remote I/O control. I need to add about 60 pts of remote I/O and an operator interface. Plan on using Siemens ET200L I/O modules and would like to use some type of DP operator interface. I need to do a few start/stops and setpoint inputs. I can add an Ethernet card to the system and but that just adds more cost. Probably better to seperate I/O from Operator inface devices anyway. So the next question is do you guys know a good ethernet interface "panelview" that will work with 505's?

Why not look at Siemens own panels? At least they should know the best way of attaching them to their PLCs under various circumstances.

Regards

Ken

The TI/Siemens line is not very well supported by Siemens. I have done similar applicaitons using a Wonderware HMI and ethernet for communication to/from the PLC. I dont really need a full blown PC/HMI application or the headaches of setting one up. All of the existing PLC system is 10+ years old and I need to integrate this in to the existing system. I will look at the Siemens site a little closer to see what they have to offer.