Firmware

Sorry to hear that. Perhaps you can contact a local distributor...

You will find that the members of this forum are very helpful, *unless* you are asking for something that is not given away freely by a manufacturer (such as activations, firmware that is distributed to those whose software is in support, etc.)

If it's an emergency situation, the distributor *may* be able to help you out...

Rick

Rick,
Yes...it's kind of an emergency. I can't get the serial nbr. because the original disks were left behind far far away from where I am rigth now. Since there is no quick way to get them send imeditely I'm trying to get these through this channel.
Thanks anyway.
SAP

On the disk it's the serial I need and there is no one that can get it for me. I'know what I need to download it from AB site.
Bye.

SAP said:
On the disk it's the serial I need and there is no one that can get it for me. I'know what I need to download it from AB site.
Bye.

Sounds like rock and hard place.
You'd better get your tech connect up to snuff, or the original disks serial numbers.

If it is an emergency, you'd be surprised how little a tech connect contract can cost.........

I'll make a deal with you. I work for Allen-Bradley and I have access to all the technical support and support contract databases.

Send me a private message with your name and company name and address information. If you own a legal license for RSView Studio I'll send you the firmware for your PanelView Plus terminals.

I don't know about RSView Studio software, but all other Rockwell
software you can start then click on help then click about. It will show you the serial number.

Thanks. I got my serial number and the registered name. I had an emergency but it seems to me that is very difficult for you.

What is difficult?

SAP:
Glad to hear you got your license information, but I'm not sure what you mean when you say "that is difficult for you?"

Are you referring to how difficult it is to get firmware in general, or how difficult we were to work with?

Regarding the responses you received from this forum, it seems to me that once we fully understood your situation (you were off site, did not have immediate access to your license information), those who responded to the post helped you as quickly as possible. Ken even was willing to send you the files once he verified your license.

We weren't trying to make things difficult for you personally, it's just that with an internet forum such as this, requests for proprietary files are handled very carefully.

Rick