allen bradley software

marcoaar

hello

mij name is marco,
i am new in the world of plc.
i am electrician at a factory,
in this factory is operating a ´´allen bradley´´plc
electrically y can handel it but i want too get closer too the software of this plc .
whwt are the first things too start whit.
please help me out.
thank you,

Just check out the "Learn PLCs" link at the top of the page and it will give you a nice, simple step through of how PLCs work. If you have no programming background, I recommend doing a "learn PLCs" workshop or similar to get started quickly.

hello peter W,

here is marco again yesterday you asket me what type of allen bradley its we are using in the factory.
well it is an allen bradley slc 500.
is this something you can help me whit,i hope so.
thank you.

Marco,

The SLC from Allen Bradley is programmed using RSLogix 500 currently at version 7.10. This software also handles all of the MicroLogix PLCs from Allen Bradley the 1000, 1100, 1200 and 1500. If your plant has an AB processor, you may already have access to RSLogix 500 just check with your manager or the engineering department to see if your company already owns a copy.

hello marc.
many thanks for the information,
only one question left,
what do you mean by ´´if your plant has an ab processor´´i may be wrong but an allen bradley got his own ab processor,or should i look for some were else (please do not forget i am just starting in the plc world)is the program may be stored in the pc at the control room.
plese tell me more about this stuff.
thank you for so far.

The PLC has a processor, with the logic for the process or machine control stored on it. The PLC has inputs and outputs. The inputs read the status of the machine from switches etc. The outputs are switches in the PLC that control devices like relays etc.

The logic is created in a PC using the RSLogix Software. IT is then downloaded to the PLC. The software also lets you monitor the PLC.

You really need to go through the tutorial above, "Learn PLCs" to get a basic familiarity with the PLC system operation.

'If your plant has an AB processor, you may already have access to RSLogix 500 just check with your manager or the engineering department to see if your company already owns a copy.'

He's not asking if the PLC has an AB Processor, he's saying, as you have an AB PLC on-site, you may find your factory already has the software somewhere. Ask the appropriate person to find out.