Emulation Software for Allen-Bradley L83E

jwherwig

I am looking for an emulator for the Allen-Bradley ControlLogix L8x family of processors to test code to be installed in a running processor later. The older Rockwell Emulate software apparently does not support L8 emulation. Does anyone have a suggestion?

You should have access to Emulate 5000 which does all but L8x series controllers. You can export your program into L70 controller project and use the emulator that way. If you have a lot of modules in the IO tree then the easiest way is to edit the L5X xml file to have a L7x

Then export everything back out to an L8x project.

I’ve done this a few times and it it works well.