Emulation software.

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,
I'm interested in installing a PLC emulation software to use with RSLogix 5000 (Mini Edition). I have a couple of questions:
1) Is RSLogix Emulate 5000 compatible with my RSLogix version (Mini Edition)?
2) Is there any cheaper alternative, like LogixPro 500 for RSLogix 500?

Thank you!

Hi all,
I'm interested in installing a PLC emulation software to use with RSLogix 5000 (Mini Edition). I have a couple of questions:
1) Is RSLogix Emulate 5000 compatible with my RSLogix version (Mini Edition)?
2) Is there any cheaper alternative, like LogixPro 500 for RSLogix 500?

Thank you!

RSLogix Emulate 5000 is an independent software sold separately.

See PDF and excel files below.

RSLogix500 and LogixPRO will not emulate a RSLogix5000 programs.

LogixPro is good for learning RSLogix500 and SLC500 controllers.

Thank you for your response, Mickey!

I knew that Emulate is an independent software, I was concerned about the compatibility with my RSLogix 5000 version (Mini Edition), and I've just found out (talked to an AB representative) that the Mini Edition does NOT support Emulate. :(
I also know that RSLogix500 and LogixPRO will not emulate a RSLogix5000 programs, I just was giving an example of a cheap alternative to Emulate 500.

So my alternative is buy RSLogix 5000 Standard Edition ($2800), plus RSLogix Emulate ($1200)....

HMMM? Why would'nt a program developed with the mini edition not run on the RS emulation? Maybe some AB experts will way in on this one.

The Mini edition only supports CompactLogix and FlexLogix. RSEmulate 5000 creates a virtual ControlLogix controller.