live number in Panelview alarm banner

mike p

For anyone proficient with Panelbuilder 32, is there any way to embed a live variable into an alarm banner? Say I create an alarm banner, and I want to put an integer n7:0 into it, representing temperature of a room. I trigger it in the SLC to come on at 75 degrees and say "It is xx degrees in here," where xx represents an actual temp. You could see the temp in the banner, and the alarm banner becomes inactive when temp goes below 75. As I test it now, the temp that shows up in the alarm banner is frozen at whatever it was when the alarm was triggered. Is what I am trying to do possible in any way?

I'm no expert at subtleties of PanelView, but as a user I would suggest the following:

Make a bunch of alarm banner entries. Design one for each temperature reading then trigger that in logic. For example:

It is 70 degrees in here
It is 71 degrees in here
It is 72 degrees in here
It is 73 degrees in here

etc. etc.

Can't you just right click (or select menu option) to 'Insert Variable' into the message? I use that all the time for adding live content to static messages.

Yes, that works fine in message displays, multistate indicators, etc. but what about a live variable inside of an alarm banner?

I figured it out!!!

1) On the alarm banner, select the text you want.

2) From the "Format" pulldown, click on "Inner text".

3) To the right of the inner text window, click on the "down" arrow. It will give you the choice of embedding a variable.

Last edited:
embedded variables

To use a live variable click the alarm message field in the alarms folder and right click goto the Embedded variable and the select the variable Time,date,variable,... It is only alive when the trigger is pulled. Works good for storing peak values and the such.