Reading Live Data From a PLC

juan_valdez

Hello! New to the forum and new to PLCs in general. We have an ABB AC500 PLC (circa 2012?) and we are using CoDeSys (version 2.something). We're trying determine the best/easiest way to read live data coming from our PLC. I know about the live traces CoDeSys offers, but these aren't good/manipulatable enough for our purposes. Ideally, we'd like to be able to directly connect to the PLC and read the data stream of specific variables it sends out, without changing any code. Also, if you know of any way to do this in python that would be helpful too. Thanks to anyone for their advice and help!

Similar Topics

Hello I have a s7-1200 and I would like to read the tags present in this controller with my controllogix controller. The two controllers don't use...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i have 8 CJ2m plc units that show different numbers on the plc display and i am stuck on reading the info. my unit has an ip address of...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I am not proficient in RSLogix 500 so I have a question regarding the evaluation of N7:0 data as an input. So as I understand in...
Replies
Views
Trying to setup a message read via Ethernet. I have the path setup as 1, 1, 2, 192.168.66.10 I get an error code 1, ext err 315. I am beating...
Replies
Views
Dear all, I don't know why setup of password became challenging and weird. After setting up the password and try to upload the ladder from the plc...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom