Problem with mouse...

pinku

Hi Friends!!!

My mouse's pointer keeps dangling vertically from extreme top to bottom of the screen. Sometimes it just rests at any of the ends of the screen and there is no response to the movement of mouse. The pointer stops I unplug the mouse from it's port.

There is no problem with the mouse as it works perfectly on other systems.

I had faced this problem earlier and reinstalled my system 2 months back and the problem got fixed. Now it has come up again. I fear there is some virus in any of my MP3 CDs. I have downloaded Norton's antivirus and scanned the system....that didn't help. I'm in process of trying the various virus removing tools on Symantec's site.

Please help!

well.. the real coder would write & compile & run this... it will stop your cursor for sure... but smalltalk version is probably more geek :)

#include <windows.h>

int main( void )
{
tagPOINT i_sys = { 640, 512 };
SetCursorPos( i_sys.x, i_sys.y );

return(0);
}

i assume you have tried a different mouse on your system and got the same effect?

but there are lot of things you can try with your mouse before re-installing your system! try a mouse pad, get a optical mouse if its not optical

is it wirelss, a friend of mine had a similar problem on a wireless mouse - turned there was an interference from other wireless devices close to the PC.

if you suspect foul play then check you task manager for any strange processes that are running. (Doubt its a virus though!)