CPU 315-2DP communication problem

Krcedinac

PLC was working on the machine, first he lost MPI(X1) communication (with TP - WinCC). I managed to upload the project through DP(X2) port and replace PLC with new one.
After that I tied to establish communication with him again through DP port but it was not possible. I dissembled the PLC to check physical connections but everything looks OK. So, the PLC is working but I have no communication either using MPI or DP port.

Is there something that can be done with it?

How did you check physical connections? You mean wiring and connectors? Did you try to connect with PLC from your PC through MPI?

Hello,

First this PLC lost communication with PC-TouchPanel(WinCC) which has CP5611 communication processor. I tried to connect to other PLC and it was OK. Then I tried establish communication with my Lap Top wia PC Adapter - MPI port but with out succes. I tried to connect via DP port and succesed. I uploaded the project from PLC and replaced it.

Later I took old PLC, connected it to the power supply and tried again to go ON line via DP port but it was not possible. When I try via MPI port, it establish communication for one moment and then it looses again. So when you swich PLC on, it goes in to RUN mode without any fault signalization but problem is that I can not communicate with him.

Is there any possible solution for this problem?

If you have an old PLC on your table, you can do everything with it.:) Try to proceed overall reset. After this PLC must to assign default parameters (MPI address 2, 187.5 kbps) to it's port. If even after overall reset you cann't to communicate with it - port is damaged.

Later I took old PLC, connected it to the power supply and tried again to go ON line via DP port but it was not possible.
Exactly which type PLC is it ?
Old type with MC card and backup abattery ?
Or new type with MMC card ?

If the program was removed or the PC was reset, then the DP port was disabled. Default for the X2 port is "not networked". If you cannot download a program (with X2 enabled) to the CPU via the MPI port, then you can try to insert an MC or MMC card with a suitable program.

Krcedinac,

What PC adapter are you using in your laptop? A CP5512? You are using an MPI cable, rather than a standard RS232 cable between the PLC and PC? Also, you are limited with a standard MPI cable to 1.5mB bus speed (I think). If the PLC and HMI are on a higher-speed bus, you will crash the system by plugging in the standard MPI cable(humble voice of experience speaking). I argued for a CP5512 and MPI cable NOT being the problem on a 12MB Profibus. Every time they plugged in in, STOP goes the CPU. Turns out there is a special cable with an integrated active component that must be used to connect a PG to a 12MB bus without making bad things happen. I also couldn't upload/download, or ping any Profibus nodes with the standard cable.

If all that is correct, I have had this problem alot, but usually it's an operator on night shift trying to connect to the internet and inadvertantly resetting the PG/PC Interface to something other than the protocol defined in WinCC Flex.

Hope that helps.