90-30 Remote I/O

Bob.K

I am changing out a series Six with a 90-30.
I specified a remote baseplate (IC693CHS393) for some I/O
as the distance was 500' from the main rack.
The wires used for the new baseplate are different
from the ones used for the series six.
Here's where the problem began: The conduit I intended to use for the new wire runs under a hiway and across a dam. The sand the road department uses in the winter has filled into the conduit and has cemented the existing wires in place. Running a new conduit is not an option as the bureauracacy of the hiway dept and the dam people would be intolerable to coordinate digging and replacing the conduit.
Is it possible to find another way of getting the remote I/O info
by using the existing wires with some of the existing I/O already purchased?
Thanks in advance

GE Fanuc prints the cable specs in the manual GFK-0356. The cable they use is Belden 8107. It is seven twisted pairs, #24 AWG, 100 ohm impedance.

The old Series Six remote I/O cable has nineteen twisted pairs, and it is #22 AWG, so there is a good chance it can work.

Thanks Steve,
What they used on the series six was a Remote Driver part # IC600BF901
It uses 2 wires for transmit and 2 for receive. And that is exactly
how many wires they ran.
Data sheet GEK-83537 shows the twisted pair connection diagram

You may consider putting a CPU at the remote location and use RS485 with SNP to communicate. There is a slight chance that the existing wire will support Genius also. If this does not work out you may be forced to go wireless.

I don't know enough about it, but is genius an option?

can you use it to communicate with a remote rack?