ab sequencer output

monkworm

I am working on converting a AB program over. My question How do I know which outputs are turned on Through a sequential output if my output word is 022. File is 060-063, Mask is 057-057. My meaning output is a true output on processor outputs modules addresses are 020 021 022. It has been a long time since I have used sequentials and I cannot remember and cannot find any documentation on how sequentials work.

AB program conversion

I am working on converting a AB program over.
Ok, that is all well and good but which processor was the old program for and what are you converting it to?
My question How do I know which outputs are turned on Through a sequential output if my output word is 022.
By the word address you supplied, it looks to be a processor that is pre PLC-5 and uses the old octal addressing. But even if it is not, the answer is still the same. Output word 022 is an output in rack 2 module group 2. Here is where the processor types would be helpful as well as giving information about the I/O system although it is obvious from the word address it is 1771 I/O.
File is 060-063, Mask is 057-057.
This information is telling you where the output information is stored for each of the 4 steps in the sequence. The output bits will be set to the bit pattern of the data stored in these four words. The mask is probably irrelevant in this case if the value being stored is zero in each of the words. However if there is data there,
you have to use that. The mask allows you to transfer data to specific output bits and not others. Everywhere there is a one in the mask word, data is transferred from the source to the destination. Where there is a zero in the word, data is not transferred. So, watch out for the values stored in 057.
My meaning output is a true output on processor outputs modules addresses are 020 021 022.
I have no earthly idea what you are asking here. My English is not to good sometimes either, but I am loath to understand this.

More help is available if better information is forthcoming.

Last edited:
processor is a plc2-17 vintage and old. Had a service man look over and sell us a mitisbushi q01 processor said it would be fairly easy to change over. Well guess what we have been trying to get help from him. It is easy for him, if he does not offer support. Right now I am not thinking clearly, I think he saw us comming. Went to AB online trying to get a quick review on sequentials.
THanks for any help you can give me.

P.T. Barnum may have been right!

I think he saw us comming
There is one born every minute it seems and we in the industrial field are not immune. I know how you feel trying to attack this situation. The Mitsubishi processors are very different from the AB in the instruction set and syntax. However, you are in luck, all plc's do essentially the same thing. So, your job may get a little easier the more you learn about them. The sequencer is used to turn on or off a group of output bits each time the sequencer is advanced. This can be event driven, or by time. The data stored in the files is the bit pattern desired at any given step in the sequence. Think of your application like a washing machine doing your laundry. You have a start position, a fill the tub with water position and so on. At each step, there are things that should be on and some that remain off. Those items are defined by your process or machine and you can set up the on an off condition by manipulating the data bits in storage. This is a lot simpler than trying to control all the outputs based on individual logic rungs with output instructions for each bit. There are other ways to achieve the same effect as a sequencer, but sequencers are easy to use. If your Mitsubishi processor will not support sequencer instructions you may have to use another method, but if it does, just adapt the AB program concept to the Mitsubishi machine.

Thanks for your reply, with what I have reviewed online I came to the same conclusion you replied. I think that is perhaps what I was looking for working Theory of sequentials. With this Knowledge I believe I will have no trouble in programming.
Thanks again.