omron nt600s display

dgood

Hi. wondering if anyone is familiar with omrons nt600s display. I purchased this unit used and can't seem to download an application into it.I am using nt support tool 4.10.When I first powered it up it said connecting to host. I pressed two corners to go to system menu and all was fine. I set it to transmit mode after I set all the system settings then I started to download .It gives me a framing error on screen and the funny part is I can not exit out of the system menu even after I take the power off of it and power it up again. I can't get back to connecting to host. Every time I power it up it goes to system menu. It seems like it is loaded with the wrong software or something. I have the right cable on it and have the settings right but have tryed every combination. I have two of these displays and both are doing the same thing. Does this sound familiar to anybody ?

From the description of your problem, the first time you powered the NT600S, there were screens loaded to the unit.
Because you got an SCI Framing Error when trying to download, the Screen Data was corrupted. This is why the NT600S boots to the sytem menu.

1. You must initialize the screen data memory before trying to transmit new screen data.
2. If it continues to fail, this could be due to the new 3.3V technology being used for the new laptop RS232 comm ports. The screen interprets the lower voltage as noise and declares a SCI framing error. This is a known bug with Intel Speedstep technology.
3. This may work. Allow the screen transfer procedure to timeout by removing the connecting cable from the serial port before downloading. After the timeout message reappears, reconnect the cable and download again.
4. If this does not work, take the screen to a desktop computer and try the download procedure ftom a desktop machine.

This bug has been fixed in later screens, but there is no patch for the NT600S becauses it does not use flash memory for the system.

Below find some excerpts from the manual and a link to the Omron download site for this manual.

Precautions to be Observed During the Screen Data Transmission:

When any of the following or a system error occurs during the screen data transmission,
the transmitted screen data will not be registered correctly to the
NT600S. If an error message is displayed in the System Menu and the Transmit
Mode cannot be selected, the screen data memory needs to be initialized.
The power to the NT600S is interrupted or the NT600S is reset.
The power to the computer on which the support tool is running is interrupted or
the computer is reset.
The cable connecting the NT600S to the computer on which the support tool is
running is disconnected or has a broken wire.
The Cancel touch switch on the NT600S screen is pressed to end the transmission
during screen data transfer.
The ESC key on the support tool is pressed to end the transmission.
When the power to the NT600S is turned ON or reset, the screen data is checked.
However, if any of the above occurs during the screen data transmission, the
screen may disappear and other unexpected problems may occur.
In the case of such problems, set DIP SW2-1 to ON to initialize the memory.

http://oeiwcsnts1.omron.com/pdfcata...F00630ADB/$File/M12V022E31299.pdf?OpenElementđź““

Omron NT600S

Boy, I'm glad some familiarity with this problem. I've spent a lot of time on this. Thanks for your reply.

I've been trying to download on a desktop computer running an AMD Duron at 700MHz, using windows ME. Would it be worth trying this on a 486 25MHz with windows 3.1 and DOS? I've also tried the DOS program NT, but on the newer computer to no avail.

Also, I notice that there are settings related to the FIFO buffers under device manager (Device Manager:COMM port:port Settings:Advanced). I wonder if these settings would have anything to do with it.

PS: I have the 600S manual on my computer and I've read it from cover to cover with no problem solving.

I've been trying to download on a desktop computer running an AMD Duron at 700MHz, using windows ME. Would it be worth trying this on a 486 25MHz with windows 3.1 and DOS? I've also tried the DOS program NT, but on the newer computer to no avail.

1. Have you initialized the screen memory?

2. Your idea about an older computer is a good one, but you will need to run Win9x or better to use NTST 4.10.

3. Get the last available DOS software at the Omron website. Here's the URL.

http://oeiweb.omron.com/oei/Zips/NTSS v2.33.ZIP

4. Your issue is not software, but your computers low voltage , low power comm port. Move the issue to an older computer.

nt600s display

I have initialized the screen and more than once. I will be trying some of the things you suggested tomorrow nite. Thanks very much . I will reply back after I try some of your suggestions.

NT software tools

Hello iam menno from the netherlands and i work with NT600S touchscreen.
I think i know how it works but i don't have Omron NT software tools to explane to you.
Can u send me a copy by e-mail?
Maybe i can help u with the two screens for operating.
My e-mail adres is [email protected]
The PLC i work with is Omron 200H
Maybe u have the wrong cable connection.