Micrologix 1500 ASCII Receive Problem

donl517

I have a Micrologix setup to receive ASCII on Channel 1. I know the device is outputting data as: LINEAR FAULT OPEN[CR][LF]

The file attachment has the rungs and the Channel 1 configuration I am using.

I can receive data to my laptop at 19,200 8,1,N

I am only using the TX & RX wires for channel 1. I am receiving data from the PLC to the other device so I know they are talking, but I am not seeing anything coming into the PLC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Don

String Length (.LEN) is the number of characters you want to read from the buffer. The maximum is 82 characters. If you specify a length larger than 82, only the first 82 characters will be read. (A 0 defaults to 82.) This is Word 1 in the control block.

Rockwell Software 2000

It should read the whole string with 0 there. I have used this logic before several times with Barcode reader so I know it works. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the cable. Can I just use TX & RX or do I have to use other wires?

Thanks,
Don

rPraveenkum said:
you have used the common pin?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was it! I had not thought about that because it was sending data to the device. (2 way communication) I was also receiving the data to my laptop. I guess it through me off!

Thanks for the help! Hope this will help someone else sometime!

Thanks,
Don

Last edited: