timer delays

Norman

Here again with a simple problem that after a day of trying can't see the wood for the trees again!
I have a conveyor feeding another conveyor the first runs too fast and so overcomes the second.
I've been trying to delay the first for 2 seconds while the other can catch and move the material before the first one kick in a again.
I have a timer that does this but cannot seem to get a second timer I have set up to loop the program round again.
All i want is say M1 to be on for 2 seconds and off, but I need it to loop.
I'd put M1 in my line to the conveyor I want stop and start.
I'm using GX developer.

Mentally exauhsted
Norman

You want a flip flop or flasher type ckt, one that will go and off at the time(s) you specify...correct.

If so this is an AB example that you should be able to convert: http://www.patchn.com/ab_plc_flasher.htm

You can also search the site for flip flop and get more information.

I do not know Mitsubishi specifically but most plcs have a clock pulse feature that have preset on/off cylces.

As an afterthought it may be easier to just change hardware on the 2nd conveyor to match its speed closer to the first, especially if it is DOL and you will have to cycle it every 2 seconds.

This must be a student project.

Last edited:
Try swapping the conveyors round
icon7.gif
Seriously though you would want to speed control one of the conveyors, either use a mechanical solution such as changing gear/pulley sizes or an electrical solution such as an invertor or DC drive depending on what type of motor you have, by starting and stopping a motor every 2 seconds you would be placing alot of wear and tear on the components, if you needed to start and stop every 2 seconds then run your motor and control its output via an electromagnetic clutch (don't connect this direct to your PLC outputs as the back EMF will destroy them very quickly)

After a good nights sleep and a closer look I had a switch set wrong,knew it was something silly but could'nt just see it.

Having run it I take the point about reducing the speed mechanically,it will be a better solution in the long run.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.