Wago "wall-nuts"

kolyur

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
A little OT... has anyone used the push-wire connectors from Wago (series 773 or 222)?

http://www.wago.us/products/150.htm

I am doing a little rewiring at my house and am somewhat skeptical about using wire nuts when I have to connect a large number of wires together (i.e. six 14ga solid). The Wago products look like a good alternative but they seem similar to those "backstab" push-in connections on some switches, which I know are not a favorite among electricians.

They claim that the 222 series uses their Cage Clamp system, which we have not used here at work but I have heard good things about it. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
John

Our WAGO rep gave me a few of these to play around with a couple of months ago. They seem to be pretty good. They grip the wire really well, and seem to be well made. Just my $.02

I have purchased the 222 series for use at our company in place of standard wire nuts, and they are quite popular with the electricians.

I especially like the feature of individual insertion / removal of wires, it comes in handy when the power is on and you have to make a change.

The 222 also has a built in strip gauge, test point and handles stranded, solid and ferruled wires up to 12 gauge, 600v 20a.

I like them!

ditto to wireguys last comment, our electricians have used them for the last year or so and like them.

I don't believe you'de find 'wire nuts' in any modern installation in the UK. I was supprised to see them in constant use in Canada, the last one I actually saw in the UK, I'm sure was ceramic (that old), they may even be barred.

I used 273 series a lot for residential wiring etc but this was a while ago, before comming to North America.
I love Wago and can only recommend it. I was shocked to see wiring nuts in use here and US... Scarry stuff... (n)

My neighnbour is an electrician working for Bell. He came to help the other day when
he saw me installing additional receptacles in the garage. I was using few free samples of 773 series.
Now he likes Wago too. ;)

All terminal block I use in our flour milling plant & pasta plant are WAGO brand. Also I use WAGO I/O modules that communicate the Siemens S7-400 CPU414. I love the convenience of cable clamping technology of it.:cool:

Thanks for everyone's responses... the overall consensus seemed positive so I'm going to buy some of the Wago connectors and try them out.
-John