InTouch screen resolution...

metaller

Hello there, I have a small problem with InTouch.

I have InTouch application designed by one PC, with resolution 1280x1024. But, the destination PC is having two displays, with together res. 2560x1024.

So the problem is that I cannot open the app from the source PC (having res.1280x1024). Only way is converting the project to the res. 2560x1024. But... Also the windows in InTouch are resized to 2560x1024, and therefore all symbols are double sized in horizontal way... I need to open the project on two monitors, with res. 1280x1024...
Does anyone know how???

THX for any help...

I haven’t done a multiple monitor application yet, but it is my understanding that -

Basically, if you are using XP to configure the multiple monitors you cannot span InTouch across them. If you are using the video card’s drivers to create the multiple monitors you can. You can think of it this way, InTouch can only be run on one Desktop. If you are using XP to configure the multiple monitors, XP is creating a Desktop for each monitor, therefore InTouch can only be displayed on one of them. If you are using the video card’s drivers to create the multiple monitors, XP is creating one Desktop and the video card is splitting up that Desktop for display on different monitors, therefore you could have InTouch displayed on all the monitors.

As you have already notice, converting the existing 1280x1024 application to 2569x1024 just stretches the existing windows. So in your case you need to create a new application in 2560x1024 and import the windows from the existing application. Once you have imported the windows you can set the X,Y location where the windows will open. So your windows in the new application will be 1280x1024 and you set the X,Y for which monitor you want that window to display in. So to display a window in monitor A you would have X=0, Y=0. To display a window in monitor B you would have X=1281, Y=0.

Here is a link to Wonderware’s Tech note on the subject - http://www.wonderware.com/support/mmi/comprehensive/kbcd/html/t001115.htm

I've tried this, but the result is the same...
The objects are double sized again...
Yes, I've one PC with two monitors and one desktop stretched up to 2560x1024...

In the Intouch.ini file set ScaleForResolution=0. Then when you open the application on the multi-monitor set-up you'll get the Convert messagebox, click Yes.

There is also a setting an [INTOUCH] section in the Win.ini file, check the settings there as well.

Last edited:
i use wonder ware in touch version 10.1 in our company. when i tried to open the window viewer this morning the screen just opened to just one quarter of the whole display area. i tried changing the screen resolution but nothing happened. is there any way where i can check this in the intouch program management or in any other configuration file. please help . urgent

I think the runtime application is not maximized.

In WindowMaker, go to Special>Configure>WindowViewer>WindowConfiguration and then check the Always Maximize Checkbox. WindowViewer will now be always maximized when you start it.