Communicating between AB Micrologix and Danfoss drive

mellow81

Hi all,

I am upgrading the controls on a tablet press and want to communicate to a Danfoss FC302 drive using the channel 0 on the Micrologix 1100 (the ethernet port is connected to a panelview plus). I was told that the drive is compatible with modbus and could use modbus to talk to the drive However the drive only has the FC protocol or standard bus available via the rs 485 comms and the info on the danfoss site is a bit vague. Has anyone done anything similar to this as I don't think this is possible? If possible or if anyone knows of another way and can explain it to me or has some sample code it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

you should known that the location of parameter modbus address, you should set up ML1100 as master & danfoss drive as slave,then configure the Node & baud rate & protocal settings, then set up the Message instruction in ML1100.

Thanks for your quick reply,

I am able to setup the ML1100 for modbus but is the Danfoss FC protocol compatiable ie able to talk to the ML1100 when the PLC is setup for modbus. I ask this because it seems a bit confusing that danfoss have modbus options for their other drives ie VLT 5000's yet offer no modbus option for the FC302 only their FC protocol (they offer profibus and devicenet as options but the boss dosen't want the expense of going down that path). I haven't been able to hook up the drive to test this with out taking the machine out of production with out being certain to a degree that it will work.

Danfoss FC protocol is not compatibile with Modbus. Communication option cards for Modbus/Profibus/Can and other networks are in fact protocol converters. They communicate with drive via FC protocol and with PLC/DCS via any other protocol.