Omron Nt20s

pmcgillan

Hi,
I picked up this unit, from EBAY to use as a simple text display. Now I am not so sure. Full description on the back is NT20S ST121B. It lights up and says "No direct information is set!". IT also says I need to set the Control Area and the Notify area. Thanks to this forum, I discovered that you can hit two opposing corners and get to a diag menu and that works. Also using said menu, an I/O check shows it receiving something from my Linux keyboard, although not what I was typing. After 2 or 3 characters it goes into alarm mode.

So, can this be used for showing simple text messages. Tried reading the NT20 manual, but not getting to far.

Patrick

You will need to program the NT20S. It is not a "simple" display unit.

It is meant to communicate to a plc and act as an operator interface to the plc.

What exactly do you want to do with the NT20S?

NT20S programming

Send it simple ascii text strings for display. From my reading of the NT20 manual, it looks ike it will do this, but like you said it needs some basic screen programming first. Is this possible useing only a good terminal program?

Patrick

gtsuport said:
You will need to program the NT20S. It is not a "simple" display unit.

It is meant to communicate to a plc and act as an operator interface to the plc.

What exactly do you want to do with the NT20S?