'Received Frame Aborted' Message

Steve Cav

I have been monitoring a DHRIO module via RSLinx and on the channel statistics screen there is one item which is giving me concern, namely the 'Received Frame Aborted'. What is this and is it something to be worried about. it appears to be steadily increasing.

Cheers

See if you can perform a Station Diagnostics monitor on another node in the system to see if the same counter is increasing.

I remember seeing this in an older 1756-DHRIO and learning that it was essentially a bogus reading on the DHRIO and did not actually indicate bad frames. I think this was related to the DHRIO being on a network with an old 1785-KE bridge to a DCS system.

If another node confirms the same behavior, or if this DHRIO is a newer one (Series D or E) then you might have some noise problems on the network.

The DHRIO modules are unfortunately series B revision 2.14. As far as performing a Station Diagnostics on another node, all the other nodes are PLC5 Processors (12 of) and one Pyramid Integrator.

I'll check the Processors for diagnostics but doubt it will show the number of frames aborted.

Strictly speaking what is a 'bad frame'.

Also upgrading to the latest firmware will probably require a plant shutdown - not an option for now.