Encoder Signal to 2 differnet PLC's

Mark Buskell

I am using a Control Logix platform along with a 1756-HSC. The
encoder is stricly used for counting pulses. Its outputs 1024 pulses per revolution. The 2 wires are feed into the 2 A0 terminals (5V and return). What I would like to do it take the same signal and feed it into a seperate ControlLogix PLC with another HSC. I am worried about losing pulses if we do this. The pulse count is critical for this machine.

Does anyone have any feedback on doing this or what may be required (signal booster maybe).

Hi,

I also have to connect pulses to seperate controllers. In order to do that I use solid-state relais form Phoenix-Contact (see attachment).

I also added a circuit diagram.

Is there a need for redundant counting? If not, why not just send the count from the first plc to the second using communication?