Panelbuilder

LStewart

Has anyone seen this problem? Today I tried to open a .PVA file and got a message that this was an older version and it would take twice as long for loading under the new version of PB32. It told me to save as .PBA. (well I am running the same version I have for the last year.) Any way I click the ok on the message box and get another error that it is unable to load file, Not a PB32 file or file is corrupted or disk space is too low. All of the above are false, I have plenty of disk space, the file can be opened by a co-worker and it is a PB32 file. I even tried uploading and opening. It uploaded fine and then gave me all the above mentioned errors. I tried rebooting my computer, same problem. The only way I can get into the application is have someone else open it and do a save as .PBA. Do I need to reinstall my Panelbuilder?

Can you open any other PVA files? Answering this will tell you if it is a PC or file problem. If it will not open any PVA files whatsoever, I'd try reinstalling. Sometimes IT patches, software updates etc can have negative effects. Good luck.

Russ

I had the same problem on several PC's. Just re-install or REPAIR the PB32 software. It will most likely solve your problem. With all of the software that is being installed, uninstalled, deleted etc, it is a wonder that the windows registry can handle all of the mess.
Dll's disappear, and weird things happen. At least PB32 installs in literally seconds!

I remember a problem I had with saving and uploading. I think the PVA file is part of the PBA Project. If you have just a PVA file, but no matching PBA Project, you get all kinds of errors.
Create a project with the same name as the one on the system it came from. Maybe an AB expert can review/correct these comments.

Do a search. The problem has been posted here before. Search for 'PVA'.
This thread may help:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=9563&page=1&pp=15&highlight=pva