Bad expression syntax in RSView Studio ME

mulderm

Hello,

I have migrating from Panelview 1200 to Panelview 1400e and
have this project import to RSView Studio ME.
This project is using for Remote I/O of a PLC5/25.
Now the follow converted tag have I tried using bitwise-shifting:
Tag_DO02_7_0-7_4_Bin

The expression: (Tag_DO02_7_0-7_4_Bin << 11) & 65535 >> 11

Now I get the error: Error at Line 1, column 17:
Missing right parenthesis, ´)´.

What is wrong?

mulderm

Without looking it up, my guess would be that the tag name is too long...the error message infers that 15 or 16 characters is the max length.

Also, is that one tag name or two subtracted? If one, then the minus sign may be illegal. if two, then a number may be illegal as the first character in the 2nd name,

Make sure that the import utility doesn't consider your source tag as "default" data type. You need an Integer to be able to perform bit shifting.

I remember a bug a couple of years ago where some "default" data types were being interpreted as REAL numbers and you'd get that sort of error when you tried to use a bit-shifting expression.

Thank you guy´s, jstolaruk is right.
The problem was the - karakter.
I have this replace with a _ and the tag correct.
By the way, how can I testing the application on the Remote I/O
connection?

Greetings,

mulderm

mulderm said:
By the way, how can I testing the application on the Remote I/O
connection?

I know you've been asking around about this, but honestly I don't know how you can do it without setting up a test bed; SLC, rack, and SN module. Sorry I can't be of more help.