Controlling PV std screen changes from PLC

vmatz

I am having great difficulty in getting this set-up right.
I have a Panelview Standard HMI and a Microligix 1200 PLC.
My application requires that I display a Splash Screen for a given amount of time (about 30 seconds) then change to the Main Screen and give screen control back to the user.

In the manual(s) it states this can be done but is so vague.......

Please, (yes, I am begging) Help.

By providing Screen control Tag & Screen status tag & making logic you can achive the same. be sure that operator can take only after making the to zero value

In a nutshell you need to do the following:

- Create two tags in the PanelBuilder32 tag editor. One will be for controlling the screen (I usually call it PV_SCREEN_WRITE) and one will be for reading the current screen (I call it PV_SCREEN_READ).
- In PanelBuilder under Application Settings/Control Tags select your control tag (PV_SCREEN_WRITE) in the "Screen Number Tag" field.
- In PanelBuilder under Application Settings/Status Tags select your status tag (PV_SCREEN_READ_ in the "Screen Number Tag" field.
- Notice each screen you create in PanelBuilder is assigned a number; this is the screen number.
- In your PLC program when you want to switch to a screen automatically, move the number of the screen you desire into the control tag (PV_SCREEN_WRITE).
- Once you are on that screen you will need to move a zero into the control tag (PV_SCREEN_WRITE) to return control of the screen navigation back to the Operator. If you leave a number other than zero in the control tag when you try to navigate to a different screen on the PanelView you will get a message that a remote device has control of the screen or something like that. You can check what screen you are on by having your PLC logic examine your status tag (PV_SCREEN_READ). It will always display the number for the screen you are currently on.

Enjoy!