What Happens if Second-hand Rslogix 500 Activation Key is Lost or Damaged?

Peacemaker

I am considering to buy Rslogix 500 Standard (V6.0 or V7.0) through Ebay. What can I do if activation key on hard disk drive is damaged one day or activation file on floppy disk is damaged? Can it be replaced by Rockwell?

Thanks,

First: I have never seen a legitimate RSI package offered for sale on EBay. 100% of those I have witnessed were pirate copies or activation-not-included offers of CD media.

That being said, there is a simple form to fill out to transfer software registration from one company to another.

Once the registration is in your company's name, your Tech Connect contract covers it.

If you have a support contract, RSI will reset a corrupted activation, ship you new activations, ship you new CD's, and allow you to download updates.

If you do not have a support contract, you are entitled to none of those services.

Peacemaker said:
I am considering to buy Rslogix 500 Standard (V6.0 or V7.0) through Ebay. What can I do if activation key on hard disk drive is damaged one day or activation file on floppy disk is damaged? Can it be replaced by Rockwell?

Thanks,

if your activation old model, with evmove command, IMPOSSIBLE to act via internet /ebay. except they explain to you how to modify code of key. if you can modif the key i think illegal copy. old type able to transport with hard media only.

be sure if you buy second hand from elektronik mail / ebay, with FlexLM activation type, complete with original user name.