S7 Analoge Inputs Go Crazy!

Coops

Hi guys,

I have a S7 system (CPU315-2P) with a couple of analog cards on it. Never had this problem before and I have used there cards on numerous occasions. The cards in question are a Analog Input Module, 8 Channel.

The cards work (2 in total) fine and then all of a sudden (can take up to half an hour) all the channels go high and stay high until i power down the system and power it back up again.

Anybody no why???? The problem is on both cards....both brand new. So this is very strange. Dont know what the problem is, tried swapping the cards over and still the same.

Any Suggestions gratefully accepted.

The strange thing is the card doesnt go into fault....but all the values goto hex FFFF. Very strange.

Hi Coops

Have had similar problems when the supply powering the inputs was ocasionally shorting to earth. In my case I realised it only happened when it rained, water was getting into one sensor and grounding the supply. The supply output was short circuit protected and so just sat down when the problem occured which then affected all readings.

Bryan

Have you read diagnostic buffer (module informations) of your PLC when this thing happen?

Is the card type 6ES7 331-7KF00-0AB0?
Years ago I had a pretty similar case -> I just connected the terminals 10, 11 and 20 together. All the problems disappeard permanently.
-Pete-

Isolated the problem down to 1 sensor....so there was nothing wrong with the card..thank god. Thanks for your help guys.

Havent stripped it down yet but I think there is something shorting on the pcb board...will replace the pcb board alter and all should be fine