505-2571 Port Expander Comms

I have a 505-2571 Siemens Port Expander. I can talk to a 545-1101 CPU with the RS232 ports. I would like to test the 422 ports also. Can anyone recommend a device (hand-held, operator interface or the like) that runs on 422 that I could talk to? We're running Fastrak software 505 Workshop. Is there a way to convert the 422 to 232 so I could test the 2571 RS422 port using the same COM1 port on the PC I'm using for the 2571 RS232?

There's an item in the 2571 instructions referred to as COROS TD/OP. I'm not sure what this is. Is it a hand-held programmer?

Thanks,

CTG

There are probably hundreds of different RS232<->RS422 converters available these days, either on the 'net or from your local electrical supplier. Some will be more or less complex than others, with LEDs for signal analysis etc. You pays your money and you makes your choice.

COROS was a brand name which Siemens used for their HMI products. I think that name has been dropped and all the HMI, like all the PLCs, are now branded as SIMATIC. 'TD/OP' stood for Text Display / Operator Panel.

Regards

Ken