RSLogix Trix

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
Here's a trick that many know, but there may be one or two that don't.
You can Hold down the CTRL key and right click on the Ladder to change it to a pumpkin.
Pumpkin.jpg

Display1.jpg

Happy Halloween

I guess that they must have been working hard to finish up the code around this time of year umpteen years ago when they put that in?
:confused:

I changed the icon on my Boss's computer to read out "Ha ha Tom knows how to change this and you don't"

Last edited:
I used reshacker, since someone in the forum recommended it a while back.

(Actually, it's in the link that GIT posted)(The recommendation, not reshacker)

This is the one I got http://www.download.com/3000-2352-10178588.html Allen's procedure was dead on...

******Off topic*******

Why do people stop coming? its been a while since Allen last visited, when he was here he was a great addition to the site, I have been reading old post and there have been a few really good 'smart' people that no longer visit, do you think they get burnt out on helping people? I don't think they forget, he has over 1000's post, just thinking out loud...

TWControls said:
Are you talking about Allen Nelson?

Yes, I have came across several old post of his, he is a very knowledgeable person...but not just him, searching on this web site is you can find just about anything in the automation field, I have done this on several occasions and has been proven a good resource, but from time to time I find someone that has made many contributions to the site, but are no longer here, just wondering why they left?, did they get out of the field? get burnt? get board? busy?...guess i'll never know...their not here to answer, as I said before, just thinking out loud

I miss Allen Nelson too ... at one point he posted an explanation on the now-gone Allen-Bradley site ... this is my take on what he said at that time ...

Allen said that he had become “addicted” (I truly believe that’s the word he used) to answering questions on the forums ... he said that it was taking more and more of his time away from his job and from his family ... he moved over to the AB forum because it had much less traffic - and he forced himself to stay away from the PLCs.net and the MrPLC.com forums ...

as I said, that’s my take on what I remember reading from Allen’s personal explanation ... I apologize profusely if I’ve misstated any of what he meant to say ... I wish I had a copy of his post ... I just assumed (yes, I hate that word) that the AB forum would always be there for a quick search operation ...

on a personal note: I can well imagine how something like this forum could become “addictive” ... I know that I enjoy it enough to get hooked ... but (as I’ve mentioned before) I personally refuse to have Internet access at home - and Wanda Faye won’t let me “drive to the office” just to indulge my “forum” habit ...

and to answer a specific question: one thing that I’ve personally started doing is refusing to answer additional posts from people who do not bother to come back and say “thank you” after someone has gone to the trouble of answering their questions ... there are several people who’s posts I just read now and then refuse to answer - simply because they don’t have decent manners ... maybe that’s “grumpy” of me - but I’ve got only a certain limited amount of time ... I’d rather spend it on people who seem to appreciate the help that they get here ...

specifically, a “thanks in advance” is nice - but there really and truly should be a “thank you” post at the end of the thread too ... it doesn’t take that long to do ... and yes I know how “grumpy” that sounds ...

as I said earlier: I miss Allen too ...

for those who care about such things ...

there are several people who’s posts I just read now ...

oops! ...

I just noticed the error in grammar - but the "edit" time limit has already expired ... the statement should have been "whose posts I just read" ...

sorry ...

Yes Ron, that is the same thing I remember. Wonder if we could put a restriction on his account that he could only post to two threads a day and only view 10. He was a wealth of knowledge