CImrex 20 & WAGO communication

Siby

i m facing problem in establishing communication b/w Cimrex 20 and ****

**** is modbus master on RS 485
as per **** it will take updates from slave unit but slave is not connected with any other system how i can update the vlaues from **** to Cimrex 20
and cimrex is modbus slave.
and **** side we have DB 9 connector and on cimrex im using DB25 connector.
but i couldnt succeed

any help will be highly appreciated
regards

Most of the time I've set up the HMI as the MODBUS master. It is usually easier that way. Many people think that because the PLC is controlling the process, it has the be the Modbus master. Usually there is a lot more overhead if you make the PLC the modbus master.

As far as cabling, you will have to check the WAGO information for the pin outs on that device. This document will give you the information on the pinouts of the CIMREX

http://hmi.beijerelectronics.com/web/webbfiles.nsf/0/9057BE8496B60148C1256ACD004EA4FC/$File/MA00557F_web.pdf

Hello Siby;

From the manual Cimrex terminals installation:

Cimrex20.jpg

This should give you enough details for RS-485 connection on the HMI side; check the corresponding signals on the EWOPN side 9-pin connector and draw a schematic of connections. Buy your D-Sub 9 pin and D-Sub 25 pin connectors, get a hold of adequate cable (2-wire twisted-pair, shielded)for RS-485 transmissions, grab a soldering gun and build the required cable connections.
I noticed that Beijer supports RS-422 communications as a standard, and specifies that for RS-485 there must be some software configurations in the program. Have you taken this into account?
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

I have already prepare the cable for ths on cimrex side and **** side i have also selected the option of RS 485 from cimrex software

My **** is not a processor it s connected with WAGO processor
the communication b/w WAGO & **** is on modbus TCP WAGO and **** are communicating and working fine.

here i have one limitation:
MY **** is always master on modbus RS485.
so i cant put Cimrex as modbus master it has to be slave b/c it has the option.

any comment will be highly appreciated

Are you getting any communications (maybe garbage or not what you expected) or are you getting nothing?

If you are getting garbage you might need to set the modbus offset and or byte order in the cimrex driver.

If you are getting nothing then there is probably a wiring issue.