Autumation Direct 405

huggins7

Anybody here familiar with PID loops and AD products?? I need info on how to get started with making pid loops for several VFDs. I have been programming of 3+ yrs but have never set up PIDs. I need the basics here to get started. The factory manuals are worthless if you don't already know some of the math terminology. Any help would be much appreciated. I will be using all 4-20ma in and out. Dean

The whole Configure Tab, Algorithm, what is that all about? velocity?? Unipolar?? The othewr tabs too. I do not know what these terms mean and how do I determine which to use in my application? I am going to watch the Power Point that someone sent and posted. Maybe that will help. DH

Wow! Good stuff. I now feel I have the tools to get about 85% of the PID loop picture. I will bull my way through the rest by calling the factory and asking Qs on through this site. Thank you very much. Dean

Last edited: