regarding new activation key

mvannantn

hai
i am having RS logix 500 software. but the problem is that the activation key floppy disk is corrupted. how i can get new activation key from rockwell?
Thank you

If the Floppy is correpted then contact the local system integratorOr
if activation only correpted then activate the same from Net using software registration details

Run Reset from the Master Disk. Open File Manager.

Select File > Run. Type A:\RESET and click OK. (Substitute your drive letter for A. The command can be in upper or lower case.)

3 The Select Key To Reset dialog box appears. Select the drive containing the Master Disk and select the product to be reset. Write down the System ID and Product ID.

Be aware that only one reset per product per calendar year may be obtained from the web site. Point your browser to www.software.rockwell.com and navigate to Support and then Reset Code. Follow the instructions on the web site.

5 Type the reset code in the Reset Code field.
6 Click Apply to reset the copy protection.

reset the activation on the Same PC where you have noted the System ID and Product ID.

rPraveenkum, you beat me to it. You can reset the key from the Rockwell software web site. I've done it before, took a bit, but was very convenient. Is it legal under their license agreement to back up copies of the key disks for reasons like this?

rPraveenkum said:
Run Reset from the Master Disk. Open File Manager.

Select File > Run. Type A:\RESET and click OK. (Substitute your drive letter for A. The command can be in upper or lower case.)

3 The Select Key To Reset dialog box appears. Select the drive containing the Master Disk and select the product to be reset. Write down the System ID and Product ID.

Be aware that only one reset per product per calendar year may be obtained from the web site. Point your browser to www.software.rockwell.com and navigate to Support and then Reset Code. Follow the instructions on the web site.

5 Type the reset code in the Reset Code field.
6 Click Apply to reset the copy protection.

reset the activation on the Same PC where you have noted the System ID and Product ID.

you can talk to rockwell automation and usually they replace corrupted one with new one.(sometimes conditions apply if you have service contract with them)